Monday, August 8, 2011

The Dart Tounge

This weekend, I went out to with a friend, M, who was in need of a well deserved study break from his grad classes.  I took a little extra time getting ready and like to think that I did a fairly good job.  I wore a shirt with a more plunging neckline then I usually do, but it was a celebration, so why not.  All in all, I thought I looked pretty good.


We ended up at this bar in NYC.  It was a pretty decent place, low cover for men, none for ladies (bonus) and a fairly good DJ.  I'm told the drinks were good, but I was driving, so I didn'tchoose not to partake.


M loves to dance.  As soon as we got the the bar, around 10:30 pm or so, we all hit the floor and danced like no one was watching. The first hour or so was uneventful, but soon I was tapped by a guy who wanted to dance with me.  I'm on the tall side, about 5'8", and this guy was about as tall as my shoulders.  I wasn't even wearing heels.  But I figured it's not only rare for a guy to dance, but he took a shot by asking me.  We dance for a bit and we went to a nerby table to "talk".  I say "talk" since the music was really loud and it was hard to have an actual conversation without every other word being "What?"


We make a decent attempt at talking and during a lull in the conversation he leans in a kissed me.  Now this wasn't a quick peck on the lips, this was a full on mouth-prying, tounge kiss.  While I can usually appreciate a little aggresiveness in men, the first kiss is the general exception to this.  The first round of kissing should be lead by the woman.  Let her decide how far she wants to take it, if at all.


A great movie, Hitch, had it right on the nose.  First kisses should abide the 90-10 rule, meaning you go 90% of the way and wait for the opposite party to come the rest.  Don't go the full 100!


So, I'm in this awkward kiss with his hands around my head, and next thing I know, his tounge is darting its way into my mouth.  Not the dreaded dart tounge, I thought to myself.  Who lets men think that this is enjoyable?  I have never met a girl who thinks that this is enjoyable, yet I find myself in the dreaded predicament more often then not. Men: If your not getting a call back, this may be the answer.  You are a person not a snake, so stop acting like one.  Ladies:  If your allowing this, please stop.  You're only making things worse for the rest of us.


Another strike against him was the taste of cigarettes.  Yet another reason to let the girl take the lead on this one.  To non-smokers like myself, this is a disgusting taste to leave in your mouth.  This left me pushing myself off the guy and searching for the mints I had in my purse.


Unfortunately, he didn't take the hint and kept trying to kiss me all night.  If M wasn't dancing with his friend, I probably would have left sooner.  But I didn't want to ruin M's game, so I took one for the team.  We danced a little more and my choice in plunging neckline backfired on me when I had to dig the guy out of my cleavage, not once, not twice, but three times.


Tragically, we had exchange numbers prior to the kiss-ault.  My phone may or may not have imploded from all the texts from the following day.

No comments:

Post a Comment