Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Swinging in the 'Burbs

Today, I was contact by a guy, J, I dated about three years ago.  To be frank, he annoyed me greatly, so we didn't date very long.  However, from time to time, he'll message me and we'll have a brief conversation.  Usually he just is trying to figure out a way to sleep with me, regardless of his dating status. 

I hadn't heard from him since the beginning of the year, so when I saw the message pop up on the screen, I cordially responded to him, hoping to keep the conversation brief and light.  We went through the usual pleasantries and eventually he probed about my current dating status.  I told a little white lie and said that I was casually seeing someone.  J told me that he was in a serious relationship and that swingers were in a really casual relationship.  He then proceeded to tell me that he and his gf were on the looking for other partners, either single ladies or couples.  I'm wasn't and am still not sure if this was an offer to join him and his girlfriend, but quite frankly, I wouldn't be suprised.

He told me that there is a regular swinger get together in my area.  Who knew?  He then proceeded to invite me to an event. I told him no.  When he asked why, I told him that "my man" was enough right now.  He said it wasn't about satisfation, but about curiosity.  I honestly had no response for that.

After a brief chat about the weather, J mentioned he had a project to finish and he signed off.

Please note, I have absolutely no problem with swingers.  What you choose to do in the bedroom is your own business. 

Actually, if J didn't annoy me so much in person, I may have considered it just to see what a swinger party was actually like.

If you're wondering why I still talk to J, I couldn't answer you completely.  But I can tell you that I don't like to completely sever ties with people.  You never really know when a connection might help you in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment